Ideally, this would simply show up as the featured snippet:
However, we need words that can help us what the noun version of selfish is:
Definitions of the 5 noun forms of a “selfish person” are:
- narcissist: a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.
- egomaniac: a person who is obsessively egotistical or self-centered.“he is a raving egomaniac”
- egoist: a self-centered or selfish person (opposed to altruist); an arrogantly conceited person; egotist; an adherent of the metaphysical principle of the ego, or self; solipsist.
- egotist: a person who is excessively conceited or self-absorbed; self-seeker.“he is a self-absorbed egotist”
- solipsist: Philosophy. the theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist; extreme preoccupation with and indulgence of one’s feelings, desires, etc.; egoistic self-absorption.
Also: Not an official word, it appears, but based on the adjective form, “Autocentrist” might make sense as well.
Sentence examples of “narcissist”
- Trump, because he’s a narcissist and doesn’t care about the world.
- He’s also married to a narcissist who lies and takes advantage of everyone, especially my parents.
- But that is not the story told by his ex-wife, a self-described wiccan pagan, who publicizes his whereabouts on social media and calls Mattern “a con man, braggart, narcissist, misogynist and worse.”
- “narcissists who think the world revolves around them”
Sentence examples of “egomaniac”
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren welcomed Michael Bloomberg to his first debate stage by ripping the former New York City mayor as an “egomaniac billionaire.”
- Embassy siege in Iraq was guest of Obama at White House Texas’ discovery of 95,000 noncitizens on voter rolls lauded by election integrity hawks Director Ron Howard: Hollywood sees Trump as ‘morally bankrupt egomaniac‘
- Embassy siege, planning more attacks USA Today ratioed for op-ed calling Texas church heroism ‘terrifying’ Director Ron Howard: Hollywood sees Trump as ‘morally bankrupt egomaniac‘
- Embassy siege, planning more attacks Director Ron Howard: Hollywood sees Trump as ‘morally bankrupt egomaniac‘
Sentence examples of “egoist”
- “In other words, a bunch of Middle Eastern nuisances, ungrateful egoists waging tribal wars and sucking American taxpayers’ money.”
- The second is the assumption that human behaviour – of employees, customers, managers and so on – is best understood as if we are all rational egoists.
- It is arduous even pretending to be interested in self-absorbed egoists.
Sentence examples of “egotist”
- It was the moment Ibrahimovic did away with any attempt to resist his reputation as an egotist and decided to lean into it, to not just be Zlatan but to play him, too.
- The notes show that Mr. Steele called the person collectively known as Person 1 and Source E a “boaster” and egotist” who “may engage in some embellishment.”
- She didn’t seem to appreciate fully how her considerable achievements in reviving Vanity Fair would be received warily by such an aging delicate egotist as Liberman.
- Toby, vigilant about his diet and insecure about his height, is persuasive as a well-meaning egotist.
Sentence examples of “solipsist”
“A solipsist claims the the theory that only the self exists, or can be proved to exist.”