MOST Famous Celebrities who have Coronavirus
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson tests positive
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for the new coronavirus, making him the first elected leader of a major nation to be diagnosed with COVID-19. But he insisted Friday that he is working from home and remains in charge of the U.K.’s response to the outbreak.
Johnson, 55, said he was tested Thursday on the advice of the chief medical officer after showing mild symptoms.
Johnson is the highest-profile political leader to have contracted the virus, which has infected more than 500,000 people around the world.
Johnson’s news follows the revelation Wednesday that Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, also has tested positive. The 71-year-old is showing mild symptoms and is self-isolating at a royal estate in Scotland.—Julie Hanson
Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus
Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, has tested positive for the new coronavirus, his office said Wednesday.
The 71-year-old is showing mild symptoms of COVID-19 and is self-isolating at a royal estate in Scotland, his Clarence House office said.
His wife Camilla, 72, has tested negative.
“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus,’’ Clarence House said. “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.’’
Britain’s Press Association, citing a source, said the prince and the duchess remained in good spirits, and that Charles was not bedridden.
The tests were carried out by the National Health Service in Scotland.—Associated Press
Spanish opera singer Plácido Domingo has coronavirus
The 79-year-old Spanish opera singer Plácido Domingo says he has become infected with the coronavirus.
The tenor announced the diagnosis on Facebook. Domingo says he and his family are in self-isolation and that he is feeling well despite having fever and a cough.
Idris Elba – British actor and musician Idris Elba shared a video via Twitter on March 16 to announce that he had tested positive for coronavirus.
Chef Floyd Cardoz dies of COVID-19 complications
NEW YORK — Chef Floyd Cardoz, who competed on “Top Chef,” won “Top Chef Masters” and operated successful restaurants in both India and New York, died Wednesday of complications from the coronavirus, his company said in a statement. He was 59.
Cardoz had traveled from Mumbai to New York through Frankfurt, Germany, on March 8. He was admitted a week ago to Mountainside Medical Center in Montclair, New Jersey, with a fever and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19, the statement said.
On March 16, Norwegian actor Kristofer Hivju said he tested positive for the virus, sharing a photo on Instagram to announce the news. Hivju, best known for his role on Game of Thrones, is self-isolating at home with minor symptoms.
Actress Rachel Matthews, who voiced the character of Honeymaren in Frozen 2, said she tested positive for coronavirus on March 16.
In a series of Instagram stories, Matthews shared that she had been in self-quarantine for several days. “I’m feeling better, but I will be posting some info that I hope will be helpful to some,” she wrote. “Please feel free to reach out and ask me any questions.”
On March 17, singer Charlotte Lawrence took to Instagram to share she had tested positive for coronavirus.
The 19-year-old artist, whose song “Joke’s On You” appeared on the Birds of Preysoundtrack, urged her followers to keep up with the latest information about the virus: “We have the power to slow this down. So please, please isolate yourself. Stay clean. Stay informed. Stay aware and make others aware. And for the love of god, self fucking quarantine or you’ll be on my shit list.”
On March 18, Cameroonian jazz legend Manu Dibango was admitted to the hospital to receive treatment for the coronavirus. The 86-year-old is “resting well and calmly recovering,” according to a statement on his Facebook page. Dibango, who was a member of the legendary Congolese ensemble African Jazz, is best known for his 1972 hit “Soul Makossa.”
Tanzanian rapper Mwana FA, born Khamis Mwinjuma, confirmed on March 19 that he had tested positive for coronavirus. Mwana FA, one of the most popular artists in his home country, shared a video on Instagram, assuring his followers he was recovering and calling on them to “take care of each other.”
On March 20, former Bachelor star Colton Underwood posted a video to his Instagram telling followers that he had tested positive for coronavirus and that the virus has “been kicking my ass.” The 28-year-old reality star wanted to get the information out that followers should “stay at home, do your part.” Underwood had been practicing social distancing at his girlfriend Cassie Randolph’s parents’ house in California.
The host of Watch What Happens Live posted to his Instagram on March 20 to say that he, too, has tested positive for COVID-19. The Bravo show will be on pause entirely for the time being.
The actress and former model said she had “never felt this ill” after contracting the virus.
She posted on Twitter: “I want to thank you all for your good wishes. Sam and I have had COVID-19 symptoms and are in isolation so we do not spread it to anyone else. We are taking it one-day-at-a-time, that’s all we can do.
“But let me tell you we’ve never felt this ill, EVER!”
Former GMTV host Fiona Phillips said she had symptoms including a sore throat and dry cough but was “fine” and “not suffering”.
Phillips, 59, tweeted: “I am in bed with #coronvirusuk It’s not a very pleasant bedfellow, but nothing more than sore throat, dry cough, headache and tiredness. As long as it stays that way….DON’T panic!”
POLITICIANS and HEADS of STATE contracting Coronavirus
First head of state with coronavirus: Monaco’s Prince Albert II
The palace of Monaco says its ruler, Prince Albert II, has tested positive for the new coronavirus, making him the first head of state who has publicly said he contracted the virus.
- Member of Vice President Pence’s staff tests positive for coronavirus
A member of Vice President Mike Pence’s staff has tested positive for coronavirus, his office announced on Friday evening.
Neither Pence nor President Donald Trump “had close contact with the individual,” Pence spokeswoman Katie Miller said in a statement, without naming the staffer. “Further contact tracing is being conducted in accordance with” guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- The European Union’s chief negotiator (Michel Barnier) for its future relationship with Britain after Brexit has confirmed he has coronavirus.
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau – Canada’s 1st lady
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson will not be tested for coronavirus, despite one of his ministers testing positive for coronavirus, raising fears about the potential spread of the disease in Westminster.
- US Senator Amy Klobuchar announces her husband contracted Coronavirus
NEW: Sen. Klobuchar says her husband has coronavirus: “We just got the test results at 7 a.m. this morning … He now has pneumonia and is on oxygen but not a ventilator.” https://t.co/XdVDQnslu2
— NBC News (@NBCNews) March 23, 2020
Digital Journal #6
Today, I feel well rested and still have minor symptoms. The longer I live with COVID-19, the more I understand just how crucial social distancing is. Just because you feel good doesn’t mean you can’t infect others. Let’s think about each other during this time. #InThisTogether
Sports Celebrities who have Coronavirus
Rudy Gobert & Donovan Mitchell
These two NBA players on the Utah Jazz team have tested positive for coronavirus. Rudy Gobert caused some controversy when he was caught jokingly touching microphones at a press conference before knowing he had the virus. Rudy apologized on social media for endangering people.
- Mikel Arteta
Arsenal’s head coach Mikel Arteta tested positive for the coronavirus and self-isolated in line with government guidelines.
He wrote on Twitter: Thanks for your words and support.
“Feeling better already. We’re all facing a huge and unprecedented challenge.
“Everyone’s health is all that matters right now.”
Chelsea’s entire men’s squad self-isolated after winger Callum Hudson-Odoi also contracted COVID-19.
*Disclaimer: The information shared by Brandonna.com is for educational and informational purposes and is intended to support not replace the professional medical advice or information you receive from your doctor, news sources or otherwise. You should always consult with your physician or lawyer regarding any medical issues or legal concerns regarding the information provided. This information is not to be used to diagnose or treat any condition. Brandonna.com is not liable for how you use and implement the information you receive.