***Before you read, I’m not a doctor & I’m just forwarding from a friend who I trust***
Note: the following is from a doctor he knows. I’m simply sharing in case it helps anyone who has a situation that “might” need some of this detail to help. The crisis we have is unprecedented. Information can be inaccurate. Please take any and all of this with a grain of a salt; at the same time, if it helps, it helps.
“I am an ER MD in New Orleans. Class of 98. Every one of my colleagues have now seen several hundred Covid 19 patients and this is what I think I know.
Clinical course is predictable.
- 2-11 days after exposure (day 5 on average) flu like symptoms start. Common are fever, headache, dry cough, myalgias(back pain), nausea without vomiting, abdominal discomfort with some diarrhea, loss of smell, anorexia, fatigue.
- Day 5 of symptoms- increased SOB, and bilateral viral pneumonia from direct viral damage to lung parenchyma.
- Day 10- Cytokine storm leading to acute ARDS and multiorgan failure. You can literally watch it happen in a matter of hours. 81% mild symptoms, 14% severe symptoms requiring hospitalization, 5% critical.
- Patient presentation is varied. Patients are coming in hypoxic (even 75%) without dyspnea. I have seen Covid patients present with encephalopathy, renal failure from dehydration, DKA. I have seen the bilateral interstitial pneumonia on the xray of the asymptomatic shoulder dislocation or on the CT’s of the (respiratory) asymptomatic polytrauma patient. Essentially if they are in my ER, they have it. Seen three positive flu swabs in 2 weeks and all three had Covid 19 as well. Somehow this ***** has told all other disease processes to get out of town.
- China reported 15% cardiac involvement. I have seen covid 19 patients present with myocarditis, pericarditis, new onset CHF and new onset atrial fibrillation. I still order a troponin, but no cardiologist will treat no matter what the number in a suspected Covid 19 patient. Even our non covid 19 STEMIs at all of our facilities are getting TPA in the ED and rescue PCI at 60 minutes only if TPA fails.
Continue reading “Solid Advice from a Doctor re: Coronavirus – if you contract it”
The MOST Stupid Presidential Quotes during a Pandemic
#10: March 10: “We need the Wall more than ever!”
#9: March 13: “I don’t take responsibility at all.”
#8: March 19: “It could have been stopped, could have been stopped pretty easily if we had known, if everybody had known about it… Nobody knew there’d be a pandemic… of this proportion.”
#7: February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
#6: March 27: “You can call it a germ. You can call it a flu. You can call it a virus…. I’m not sure anybody even knows what it is.”
#5: March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
#4: March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
#3: March 13: “When you compare what we’ve done to other areas of the world, it’s pretty incredible.”
–2 weeks later, the US becomes the #1 country with Covid-19 cases in the world Continue reading “Top 10 Stupid Things said by Trump During the Coronavirus Crisis”
Trump makes comments at coronavirus relief ship USNS Comfort send off
~10:00 am PST, 3/28/2020
Here’s how the coronavirus stimulus affects you
March 28, 2020 Continue reading “Coronavirus – Live & Up to the Minute Video Updates”
OK, some of you are going “stir crazy.” I am. That’s why I’m literally running every day around my neighborhood when normally, I wouldn’t be able to do 2-3 jogs a week. I had to recently stop myself by taking a break so I don’t cough as bad as I have been lately — people probably think I have the virus! 🙂
So, I have 5 Coronavirus Tips for Staying Sane*
* 1 bonus one you’ll want to check out at the end!!
Watch amazing late night hosts & entertainers who are also going stir crazy
Continue reading “Hacks to stay sane during the Coronavirus Epidemic (aka CoronApocalypse)”
Given the plethora of resources out there to keep people informed, we thought we would give you the best “map” of all the resources available
Corona Death & Case Counts
Top News Networks and Media Corona Virus Updates
Continue reading “Best Websites & Resources for Coronavirus/Covid-19 Updates”